Today’s episode is on countersteering. What is it and how do you do it?
A motorcycle turns by leaning. Once the bike is banked over, the geometry of the chassis, as well as the rounded profile of the tires and hard-to-describe forces cause the machine to arc around the curve. So, to turn a bike you must get the motorcycle to go from upright to leaned…precisely and efficiently.
Also available to download on iTunes and SoundCloud
See all of the podcasts on SoundCloud or here
Please Donate to Keep the Podcasts Coming
If you liked this article and the many other articles on this site, please toss a buck or five into the hat. It’s greatly appreciated!
- Click the PayPal “Pay Now” button.
- Then indicate quantity in $2.00 increments. – Example: put “2” in “QUANTITY” field to donate $4.00, “3” for a $6.00 donation, etc.
Why $2.00? Due to the PayPal fee structure, a $2.00 donation is significantly more beneficial compared to a $1.00 donation.
Check out these posts:
- How Not to Suck at Braking.
- Get Anxiety & Stress Under Control (Motorcyclist)
- Video Lesson:Intersection Crash
- Video Lesson: Uphill Hairpin Fail
- Triumph Street Triple R Review
- How To Survive Mid-Corner Hazards
- #1 Reason for Motorcycle Crashes in Corners
How Can I help You? Online Coaching NOW AVAILABLE
Stay Informed: Subscribe NOW!
Be a Better Rider: Sign Up for Personal Training with Ken
Support Riding in the Zone: Buy a book
Support Riding in the Zone: Buy products from Twisted Throttle & Amazon
2 Replies to “Riding in the Zone Podcast Episode 2- Countersteering”
Good info! I love listening to these
Good info, nicely explained, Ken. One suggestion – at 7:52-53 clarify or change “upper…” handlebar.