Are you a new motorcycle rider, or someone who is considering becoming a rider? Welcome. The Riding in the Zone “New Rider Zone” is here to help you learn all about getting started.
The New Rider Zone Topic List
Below is a quick-reference list of New Rider topics. These articles will guide you through the stages of becoming a motorcyclist.
Some articles have yet to be written, but if you subscribe to the mailing list, you’ll be the first to know when they become available. If you have any questions, contact me.
Contemplating Becoming a Rider
Preparing to Become a Rider
Learning to Survive
- Congratulations! You’ve passed the Beginner Rider Course … Now What? (Coming Soon-Subscribe)
- Top Ten Truths You Need to Know
- Group Riding
Topics for All Rider Levels
Advanced Riding Techniques (Physical)
- Hazard Avoidance Techniques
- Lane Positioning
- Advanced Cornering
- Cornering Lines
- Slow Speed Maneuvers
Advanced Riding Techniques (Strategies)
- Survival Strategies used by Motorcycling Pros
- Visual Acuity
- Predicting Problems/Situational Awareness (Subscribe to know when this article is available)
- Good Judgment (Subscribe to know when this article is available)
- Hazard Recognition (Subscribe to know when this article is available)
- Visualization, Preparation and Readiness
Suggestions for a topic? Contact Ken
Once you grow beyond the “new rider” ranks, please let RITZ continue to be your motorcycling resource. Check out the rest of the website where you will find a ton of useful information about advanced techniques, bike upgrades, as well as musings about all things motorcycle related.
If you’re going to be in New England (USA), consider signing up for personal training or a track day.